Thursday, November 10, 2011

From Heart to Hands Hats..for those who need them to keep warm.



I love to crochet! My Grandmother taught me when I was a child.
She spent many hours teaching me how to hold the crochet hook, or 'needle' as she called it, and how to wind the thread around my fingers in order to control the tension. I would practice and rip it out and practice again and rip it out. Over and over she had me working on small pieces until it would come out flat and not cupped. I know it was probably frustrating to her, she was a little "high strung" but she continued until I had the knack.
I now realize the feeling of teaching someone to crochet. The repetition, the specifics of what you are making and the inate since of peace you can attain while 'making something'.
I have taught all three of my children and now have 3 grandchildren to reach out to. I realize now that I won't be frustrated at all teaching them. It will be a bond between us just as the bond between myself and my grandmother.

I want to reach out to others in need who are in the cold. I want to make hats for those who need them. I have already been using Grandmothers gift to make hats. Now I want to start making a scarf to go with each hat. And add a little blessing inside each one, just like I have been blessed.

Stay warm and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment